11.04.2008

Trust...

Well America, we have a new president for the next 4 years. There are a lot of people out there who are very excited about this - and I can totally see why. Senator Obama has got some wonderful plans for restoring strength in America's economy, and caring for the citizens.

I, however am not very excited...I am skeptical. I don't feel like Barack Obama has proved to me or the rest of America that he is in touch with Jesus Christ, and I am not sure if he is ready to lead this nation according to the will of Jesus Christ. Are we seriously ready to be led by a man who may be Muslim? Or Athiest?

We've asked God out of our schools already, and there are many who say that God shouldn't be in the constitution, or on our currency. It seems to me that if we ask HIM to leave us, that he will.

I am trying to look at this situation like one of the Israelites being led out of Egypt under Moses. Can you imagine being asked to leave the comfortable life that you've been used to for so long - and journey through the desert to a promised land? Even though times were rough and you were a slave - being asked to wander in the desert for 40 years would not come as something that I would easily accept.
Still, those people had trust - trust that Moses was going to lead them through the thick and the thin, and trust that God had a plan for HIS people and that he would not harm them.

I am trusting that God has a plan for the United States - and that Barack Obama is part of God's plan. I am praying that God has not left this great nation already, but that he is working in mysterious ways to execute his master plan.

Lord,
You're so Faithful to us - over and over again, when we doubt you, you still come through for us. Thank you for your faithfulness, and for your Love.
Lord, despite our unfaithfulness to you, please choose to not leave the Country of the United States of America. Please continue to dwell in the hearts of those that dwell in this great land.
We love You Lord, and we ask that You continue to execute your master plan for the Unites States and its citizens.

Amen.

No comments: